Thursday, July 21, 2011

Meeting His Parents for the First Time

After our first official date, I believe that next day I met David's parents at their house. Little did I know that in a few months, it would be "our" house.... Davids parent's are the type that when I first met them, I felt like I knew them forever. His dad is Scottish with all of the features that come from that blood line such as fair skin and freckles, and his mother is Spanish (Spain) and Navajo Indian with a small stature and dark features. At our first dinner together, I was told that I was the first woman that David had actually brought home to meet them since his divorce. I was flattered and grateful at the same time.

They had felt the same way about how fast our relationship was developing and attributed it to their praying hard for David to find someone special. They had desires to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints but found it hard to leave David and his two sons. He had been living in the basement of their home while he earned his Master's Degree and had just graduated in January. Since then he was only able to find two part-time jobs, and one of those was coming to an end because of limited government funding. They didn't want to leave their son and grandsons in a position to not afford housing. When David brought me home, they saw me as possibly being able to help support and sustain David and the boys. This was an answer to their prayers, and they let me know this! I didn't feel pressured- I was seeing my own miracles happening by being with David, and their revelation to me only furthered my interest in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment